Sunday, November 11, 2012

What Went Wrong?

It has been time to absorb what actually happened, listen to the commentators and analysts, and lick our wounds. But the election still hurts. I know for myself and many others we are heartsick at the loss of Romney's bid for the White House. And think how the Romney's must feel. I feel Romney did his best and gave it his all. Oh, I have heard the ones who have made criticisms and yes no one runs a perfect campaign. But all in all he did a good job.

He did not mislead people by giving their children amnesty to stay in the country. Or give money to failing green companies by the tune of 50 Billion dollars. Our used his pen to make new laws he could not get through the right way. Well, you know the list as well as I do. He just tried his best to run a fair and honest campaign.

In a small piece by Jim Gerghty he says Romney lost the presidency by 407,000 votes. He added the votes in Florida, Ohio, Virginia and Colorado and said if he had increased in these four states he would  be measuring the drapes for the White House with a win of 275 electoral votes.

I have spent the week listening to my friends and thinking about dealing with four more years of Obama. Fortunatetly for us we still have the House and a few more in the Senate.  Some say Obama's mandate is small and doesn't give him much to work with. But he still has the pen and uses it often.

We can still take some more time and lick our wounds and then get back to work. We have a lot to do, the battle is not over. And we need to spread the conservative message that is still the same as when I heard it for the first time when I was 17 years old. It made sense then and still does, of smaller government and power to the states. Of a people's government run by and for the people. Someone years ago invited me to some meetings and it has stuck with me and I must share it with others and pass it on. The principles of conservatism work. They will save our nation and give our children a future to go on. Our time is not done, and we must continue to work to save our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment