Thursday, April 16, 2015

Alarming Report - Big Business's Increase Of Cyber Attacks By 40%

Cyber attacks have increased greatly this year. Symnatec, the company behind Norton published it's annual internet security report. The report came out saying 5 out of 6 companies, 2,500 employees or more, have been cyber attacked. The main attacks come from phishing or email fraud in 2014. Smaller companies have not escaped with an increase around 30%.

The biggest attacks are maleware - which attacks workers machines to gain access to data. The attacks averaged a million a day last year.

Another loss was to ransomeware which blocks access to a users date until payment is made to hackers. This increased to 113 percent last year.

The reason for the increase is attackers are finding ways to adapt to the technology companies use for protection.

I myself almost fell to a small attack which came to me as a high alert on my computer. It even stalled my computer making me think that Google itself was trying to reach me. The mistake they made is providing a phone #. I did talk to them but by this time I was coming to figure their plot. Because Google usually alerts you through an email or some other way through your computer and never calls you the plan failed and they hung up on me. I did not give them the info they wanted on the phone call.

The plan also failed as it was not a very good one, although some have probably fallen to it.

My advice, Beware, Be smart, Be careful. But don't let these attacks keep you from the enjoyment you have from your computer. Make sure you have good protection

Computers can be used for good and used for bad.

.















No comments:

Post a Comment