Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another Milestone - Mother's Day

Monday, the day after Mother's Day marks the 8th month since my husband's passing. You would think mother's day would not be that hard. But it is. Because he always remembered Mother's Day in regards to our family.

My husband was very proud and happy with the family God gave us. He would always say he couldn't believe the beautiful children we had and how wonderful they were.

On Mother's Day, which was always on a Sunday he would already be gone to church by the time I awoke. When I got up there would always be flowers and a card in view when I walked into the kitchen. Usually it was laid on the kitchen table. Sometimes there would be a note for a corsage to be worn for church being cooled in the refrigerator. Or sometimes the corsage would be sitting on the piano bench at church with a gift. The card always said something to the effect, to the mother of my children, and something about that God had brought us together. Then sometimes the message of what would happen in the day to celebrate.

All this didn't hit me until a little while ago, none of this will happen tomorrow. Yes there are plans for the children and I, and I don't know what I would do without those plans. But getting through the day will be hard. Those special remembrances will be missing. I told someone the other day, I love him more now, than when he was here.

The milestones keep coming, and one by one we get through them. Somehow we will get through our first year. But you can't remove the remembrances of these special days. They are with you forever.

Have a great Mother's Day, and if you still have one another, treasure that time together, because you never know just how long you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment