Sunday, April 11, 2010

Are You An Over Comer?

While we all feel like the recession has already lasted too long they say we might have another two years of what we are going through and perhaps more. And you ask yourself how will we ever get through this?
But as I was looking at a scripture the other day I came across the phrase overcomer. Of course from a scriptural viewpoint this is speaking of being an overcomer through Christ. But I am thinking about this word in the sense of overcoming in our daily lives and just what is an over comer?
I think this is a grate phrase because it could also mean overcoming anything that is hindering us from succeeding. How can I overcome this job market? How can we overcome this problem in our life, our marriage, with our children, our businesses. All seems so overwhelming at this time. But like anything else if we let our thinking control us we can be overcome even by our own thinking. I think we should decide to be an overcomer inside of ourselves. To think of ourselves as overcomers as though we have already done the things we need to do to be successful. Brian Tracy in his self discipline CD talks of visually in our mind seeing ourselves where we would like to be and work towards this goal. Are you an overcomer? Can you in your mind decide to be an overcomer? I have decided to be an overcomer. We will get through this recession. My Dad told me once when I was going through a hard time that this would be a time in my life when I would be more creative and do things I thought I never thought I could do. Dad is gone now but I know he is still rooting for me. Marna

No comments:

Post a Comment