Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Something Good is Happening- The Promises of God

"For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen" 2Corin. 1:20. Another teaching in the word tells us "that we should not trust ourselves, but in God". 1 Corin.1:9 And another verse tells us "the arm of flesh will fail us".
When all fails around us and circumstances seem against us, who do you trust yourself or God? It has been calculated there are 31,173 verses in the Bible. Some have said there are 30,000 promises in the word. So there are almost as many promises as verses.
God is not bound by circumstances, we are. Who has the power to help you in those circumstances? You? You will fail yourself? Who has the power to remove the obstacles and hindrances in your life? You? Are you all powerful? How should we deal with a circumstance or problem in our life? In the flesh we try so hard to solve things. I know I do this, I am human too. But at the end I usually have to come to the end and say I can do no more with this situation. And I finally have to come to him. That is where he wanted me in the first place. But I had to try to solve it myself. Where then do you look? To that old book often forsaken sitting somewhere hidden in a corner. Where is that book? Under a pile of papers. Well , I used to have a book like that but I don't know where it is. Could your answers be in that forsaken book? Here is a promise from that book " I will never leave you nor forsake you". Sometimes we walk away from him and may even forget he is there. He does not leave us, we leave him. How can we find the promises to sustain us? By searching his word. God stands behind every promise. He will not fail you and he will sustain you through your circumstance. Something good is happening. God is shining brighter and brighter. Search the promises in his book and see if they will fail you or sustain you. Marna

No comments:

Post a Comment