Monday, November 8, 2010

My Angel Kicked In Again

Some of you might be wondering if I finally got my transmission fixed. You might remember I was on my way to see Newt  in Wisconsin and then travel over to Wisconsin Dells where we have a timeshare at Christmas Mountain. I have been wanting to go there and get some rest and be by myself for a few days. My husband and I usually go up there in the fall. This area reminds me a little on Colorado, especially with the pine trees. and it has a fantastic whirlpool which is outside and you go in it even in the winter. It helps my fibromyalgia a lot. Ever since my husband passed my angel has been working triple. It probably wants a rest too. So many needs have been met in many ways. But the transmission was a big problem. It really scared me one day when it shifted into first gear going 65 on I-80. I realized it needed to be fixed right away. I was really wondering how in  the world was I going to do this.
Then last Sunday I drove to church and it was really acting up. By the time I got to church, I was a nervous wreck. Many asked me what was I going to do?  They wished they could help me. When church was over and everyone was leaving a church member came up to me and handed me an envelope. It had come to the church addressed to me. I took it and really didn't think too much of it. I got in the car and decided to open it just to see what it could be. And there it was, my angel kicked in again. It was a check far more than the transmission would cost. I just sat there in amazement and disbelief.
Then I realized no matter what, God was going to help me through this time. I have shared this story many times. I still can't believe it happened. So my transmission is fixed and the car is running great again, and maybe I will make it to the Dells after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment