Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day - Another Day of Rememberance

I have for some time now been trying to think what are we going to do for Father's Day. How do you celebrate Father's day without him? And what are we going to do for Father's Day? I have to admit the last few weeks I have been a little down thinking about he isn't here, and we can't go a buy 
him anything.

Actually, I was thinking he's probably at peace and glad after all the father's day presents we have tried to give him. You have to admit, sometimes men are hard to buy for. Usually when I would bring it up he would say just get me some new underwear. Now, that is something I refuse to buy for a present. So, it became a joke between us. The kids would say, Mom, just buy him what he wants. It would be a few weeks after Father's day and I would find my gift stuffed away in a drawer. Him not wanting to tell me I didn't hit what he really wanted. I admit, I do have my list of failures. The spinning tie rack that took an hour to put up and broke immediately. Is it my fault he had over a hundred ties? And I still have them. The little containers I would buy for him to put is stuff in and he never used.The electric buffer for his shoes that didn't buff. One year I actually hit one and he said he actually liked it. I fell over. He said, I actually can use this and I like it. It was a mustache trimmer. I really didn't want to buy that, but that is what he wanted. The truth, what I wanted was for him to trim the mustache off. That didn't happen either.

Whatever you do be thankful if you still have your father and husband. Make sure to spend time with him and tell him you love him. That's all he really wants. Your visit or call, you can't give him anything greater.

Thank you my husband for all the years of love and support you gave your family. For instilling christian principles in our children that make them such strong people today. And most of all to teach them to serve God and put him first in your life. Happy Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment