Thursday, October 21, 2010

If You Can't Say Anything Good Just Don't Say It.

Sometimes we give our life to other's and all we get is a slap in the face. That's how I feel today. Just because we are the Lord's servants doesn't give the right for others to hurt us. Now that my husband is gone other's are lifting him up and picking at me. I am part of him too. I am part of his work. So when you stab me you stab his spirit too. He is still with us. Ministry is not an easy work. Paul said, It is a light thing that you should criticize me. Yes the apostle Paul suffered hits by others too.  And yet the servant of the Lord is not to retaliate, we are to be above the harm others are saying about us.  I am a Pastor's wife and have been for 42 years. I have that title and I earned it. I did not seek it, it was thrust on me the day I married my husband. So if you thought highly of my husband you should think the same for me. I am the one who put him through Bible college, made the sacrifices and am still making the sacrifices. I am the one who lived through the long hours. I am the one who shared in his triumphs and his loses. Leave me alone if you can't say anything nice. I do not need your remarks. I am following the Lord the same as you. I am still  Dr. Meyer's wife and I am one with him. Marna

No comments:

Post a Comment