Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Presidents Lack Luster Speech Misses The Point

I felt the speech was flat from the beginning. Maybe being married to a preacher for 42 years I expected more from him. I still think about Roosevelt how he rallied the people during the hard times. Every time I hear him he fails to do this. I've never seen a country that needs encouragement like this one. People get up and battle this bad economy everyday. You can see it in their faces.

Obama- "two years after the worst recession most of us have ever known, the stock market has come roaring back"??? Well we have seen some encouraging signs. However with more foreclosures and inflation coming will it hold up?  The stock market still holds fear in the hearts of millions of Americans. Just talk to about anybody and they will tell you exactly how much they lost the last few years.

He spoke of education and I still believe in it. Making sure all my children went to college. I know education holds the key, but talk to the young people who have college degrees. My son being one of them. Questioning to me what it has done for him? He is not alone. Many question if it is paying off as you talk to young people trying to get a start in life, but can't get started. They are working low level jobs with high level degrees sitting on their wall.

What about the husband and wives who are working two and  three jobs just to keep their house. If they could go to school when would they do it?

To end the speech with the State of the Union is good, shows once again the President is out of touch with the American people. We have so very far to go to bring this country to where it needs to be. Maybe it would have been better if he just told us the real State of the Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment