Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Second Sunday Without Him

Sunday was a good day, but it is still hard to look at his pulpit and realize he is not there. He has been  my husband and my Pastor for 42 years. We had a potluck dinner after church. The Baptist third ordinance. Everyone had a good time visiting and no one wanted to leave. I guess we just need each other. So far we have had quest speakers my husband lined up for September. After that we are on our own.The man we had who filled the pulpit said to me, they still need to heal. I said, and so do I. I realize I have to go on, but it is hard. Keeping busy is important, but I still have my times. I don't know what I would do without my faith, and good friends who are supporting me. "Now unto him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Eph. 3:20 KJV
My oldest son walked in his Dad's office. He is really shaken with his Dad's loss. We don't touch anything. We don't have the heart to. Will it ever stop hurting? A great man is gone.  The Meyer's

No comments:

Post a Comment