Monday, June 7, 2010

My Day with Rep. Dan Lipinski

I had a very interesting day to day with my Representative Congressman  Dan Lipinski.  Yes, I went over and met him and talked to him and I was impressed.  Why was this so interesting? Rep. Lipinski is a democrat and if you have been reading my blogs you have found that I am pretty right wing.  Anyway I went over there because I wanted to shake his hand and say thank you. What did he do? He voted no on the health care bill. In fact he kept his word. Shortly before the vote he sent out a postcard that if the bill would harm seniors he would not vote for it.  Actually he was swaying the other way and changed his mind shortly before the vote.  What changed his mind? When he saw 500 million dollars would be taken from Medicare.  Before he came in the building, he was outside having pictures of a park he had part in, I was in favor of that too. In fact almost everything he has done I pretty much have been in agreement, including getting 111th paved and a new bridge over I-57.  But he took a stand and I don't think he has had a very good time with Obama administration and he is probably off Nancy's and Harry's list also. But I am hoping after tomorrow Harry will be off our list. I talked also with two of his aides and they said 90% of the calls they received were in favor of his vote.  I also got my picture taken with him and I told him I would be praying for him. I don't think he's going to have a very good time. And even his aides admitted there is more coming down the Obama pike. Anyway, kudos to this congressman and the best to him. Marna

No comments:

Post a Comment