Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Perfect Love casteth out Fear

If we completely put our trust in God it will remove all fear.  Easy to say hard to do.  As soon as we say "Lord, I am fearful of what is going around me and I give this fear to you to take care of us" we walk away and begin being fearful again.  What happens?  The fear comes back into our heart and takes over again. And we all know what we think about controls us. I recently went to the doctor having some pain. He checked me over and said I think it is anxiety and prescribed some medicine for me.  When I got home I began thinking am I really completely trusting him or am I just praying and then taking back the worry again. Am I completely trusting that he will take care of everything. No, I am saying I will trust you Lord but I want to hang on to this one part and take care of that myself.  Do we ever really completely trust him fully? Rarely I think. It made me take notice when I got home from the doctor to try to give the Lord more control and me less. He can far better take care of me than myself. And I am going to try to give him more and me carry less.  Marna

No comments:

Post a Comment